With tons of stuff to do, great libraries, awesome parks and, of course, Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry, Brooklyn is such a kid-friendly place. Another area where our borough really shines when it comes to the kiddos are the fantastic Brooklyn kids’ stores. You’ll find everything from amazing clothes to one-of-a-kind gifts made just for the little humans in your life. Well, we’re letting you in on a few that we love. These are some of our favorite stores for kids in Williamsburg and Park Slope:
- Smoochie Baby – 110 Berry Street – This is one of the coolest Williamsburg kids’ stores. It has a well-curated selection of fun, funky clothes, as well as gifts, décor and toys, including high-quality wooden toys. The thing we love most is the music section complete with kid-friendly records and even small electric guitars. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect gift for a baby or toddler, Smoochie is the place to go.
- Norman & Jules – 158 7th Avenue – Norman & Jules is a stunning Park Slope toy store filled with super unique, imaginative, handmade toys and décor. You won’t find run-of-the-mill items here. The selection is well thought out and aimed at helping kids learn, grow and use their imagination. It also has a little backyard oasis for events like sing-a-longs, playtimes and birthday celebrations.
- Mini Jake – 178 N. 9th Street – Mini Jake is a furniture and gear store for kids in Williamsburg that anyone with an eye for design will fall in love with. The stuff is so nice, you’ll kind of wish you were a kid and could buy it for yourself. In addition to things like high chairs and strollers, they have modern kids’ furniture, which is really what sets it apart. You’ll find everything you need to pull together an entire nursery or child’s bedroom that looks like it was ripped from the pages of a design magazine.
- Stories Bookshop + Storytelling Lab – 458 Bergen Street – When you’re strolling around Park Slope, you won’t regret stopping at this Brooklyn kids’ bookstore. The bookshop carries children’s literature for ages birth through young adulthood, as well as a small section for parents with vintage, rare and out-of-print finds. The Storytelling Lab within the shop has programs for kids held after school, in the summer and on weekends. Young aspiring writers and artists can draw or write masterpieces in their notebooks during events, which are meant to foster a love of art, reading and stories.
- Desert Island – 540 Metropolitan Avenue – Okay, so Desert Island isn’t technically a children’s bookstore in Williamsburg, but it does have a fantastic selection for kids. And, hey, you can grab something for yourself while you’re there. Desert Island carries a lot of quirky, fun comics, children’s books, graphic novels, art books (including handmade artist’s books), vintage Mad magazines, prints and posters, and more. The store also hosts events during the year, including the Comic Arts Brooklyn
- Lullaby Baby – 488 5th Avenue – Lullaby Baby is an adorable baby store in Park Slope with gear, clothing, toys, nursery decor and gifts. It has awesome customer service, high-quality products and it’s a neighborhood favorite. There’s even a Lullaby Baby registry, making it a nice alternative to big box stores for covering all of your baby bases.
- Geometry Kids – 48 Grand Street – Geometry Kids is another store for kids in Williamsburg that will make you feel a little jealous of your little ones because the clothing, furniture, books and gifts are beautiful, artistic and high-quality. The boutique itself is well laid-out and whimsical, which makes shopping there a pleasure. However, if you can’t make it to the store itself, they also happen to offer same-day delivery in New York City and free gift wrapping.
- Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. – 372 5th Avenue – Last, but certainly not least, for our favorite stores for kids in Park Slope is Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. It’s more than a store; it’s an experience. Try on capes, browse the superhero supplies and just have a blast. The shop has everything you could possibly need to fight crime and proceeds support 826NYC, a nonprofit organization that helps kids ages six through 18 develop writing skills.
You know what else you can find in Park Slope and Williamsburg? Bitesize Pediatric Dentistry! Schedule your child’s visit at our fun, kid-friendly practice today.